Wednesday, July 14, 2010
If you planted zucchini, I bet you are like me and can't eat it or give it away fast enough to keep up with it all! Whether you have zucchini growing out of your ears or need to pick some up from the store, you will want to try this soup!
Zucchini Hot Potato Soup
4 cups water
4 cups chopped zucchini
4 cups chopped, unpeeled potatoes
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup diced onion
1 TB garlic
1 tsp basil
1 TB olive oil
1 cup almond milk
1 heaping TB sour cream
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
2 TB dill weed
1 tsp salt
dash of black pepper
1. Bring water to boil in a 4-quart soup pot. Add potatoes and carrots, cook until tender.
2. In a fry pan heat olive oil, saute the onions, garlic, and basil on medium heat.
3. When onions are beginning to brown add zucchini. Cook until tender.
4. Add zucchini mixture to carrots and potatoes.
5. Puree all in blender.
6. Pour back into large pot. Add almond milk, sour cream, parsley, dill, salt and pepper. Stir well and serve!
Grab a good crusty loaf of bread to go with it and your meal is complete! This soup is SO good.
One of the great things about zucchini is it's known to be one of the lowest calorie
foods in existence. It should be in your arsenal if you're trying to lose weight! It's fiber
content will help you feel full. Also, zucchini contributes folate, Vitamins A and C, potassium and magnesium
to the body. Magnesium helps protect bones, heart, arteries and blood pressure. Even a mild
deficiency in magnesium may provoke major health problems. These are just a few of the nutritional points you will score with this soup!
Not to mention, that it tastes delicious!
I would love to know if you have any favorite ways of preparing zucchini! Especially since I have it growing out my ears!
Laugh Hard and Eat Well!