Saturday, September 4, 2010

Rosemary Olive Bread




Since my dog loves to find the new loaves of bread in our breadbasket, pull them out and eat them while we are away, I needed to make bread for my basil, tomato, and mozzarella sandwiches today. I chose to make a recipe using my machine. I hope you enjoy it!

Rosemary Olive Bread

1 Cup warm water (about 110 degrees)
1 TB of dry active yeast (or 1 packet)
2 TB sugar
1/4 olive oil
3 cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 TB chopped, fresh rosemary
1/2 cup stuffed pimento olives (I used from a jar)


1. Place water, yeast, and sugar in bread machine pan. Let foam for 10 minutes.
2. Take scissors and cut two large stems of rosemary into your yeast mixture.
3. Add oil, flour and salt.
4. Spoon out 1/2 cup olives onto a plate. Take a handheld food chopper and chop olives into smaller bites. Add to the mix.
5. Place in machine and cook on basic or white bread setting- press start.


To make basil, tomato, mozzarella sandwiches. Cut slices of bread, drizzle olive oil across, layer your basil leaves, then tomatoes, then a layer of mozzarella. Place in oven set on broiler. That's it, but watch it closely or it will burn quickly....as you can see!


Nothing Beats Fresh Bread and Smiles,
DandelionHeart


No comments: