Homemade Chicken Potpie
1 package organic chicken drumsticks (4)
1 package frozen mixed vegetables
1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp red wine vinegar (optional, I use for a little more flavoring)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
and your favorite spices.
I added turmeric, pepper flakes, parsley, onion powder.
1. Boil frozen or thawed chicken in a large pot for one hour. Use tongs to place in a bowl. When cool enough, strip meat off bone and shred it in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Open frozen veggies (any variety, I used gumbo mix) place in a frying pan let cook until the water has evaporated. On a medium heat, make a well in the middle of the veggies, pour oil in center and add chicken to the olive oil. Stir and cook until chicken is browned a little and mixed in with the veggies.
3. add milk, soup, and vinegar stir-well.
4. mix in your favorite spices
5. Place mixture on top of your crust
6. Place second crust on top of mixture, cut a slit down the center of the pie for heat to escape.
Place in a heated 375 degree oven, cook until crust is golden. Aprox. 25-30 minutes
You can use a store-bought crust or my easy recipe for a quick crust.
Olive Oil Pie Crust
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup olive oil
Place flour and salt in a large bowl. Add milk and olive oil. Stir until dry ingredients are blended. Divide dough into two round balls. Place a ball in between two pieces of wax paper. Roll out using a pin (or a large drinking glass) Remove top layer of wax paper. Carefully pick up wax paper with crust on it. Peel paper off as you place over the top of your pie pan. press edges to fit the pan. Pour chicken filling into pie crust. Roll out the second ball. Place the rolled crust on top of mixture and slit the top. Bake and eat!
That's it! Home-made chicken potpie! Delicious!
Thanks for Checking In!